[OpenSIPS-Users] Why the best response is 408 instead of 486 when parallel forking?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 30 11:25:36 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to summarize the conclusions on this thread.

1) 6xx replies - I think is the second long discussion on this topic,
but the idea is we have the possibility in TM to override it and
interpret it in our own way.

2) priorities in reply selection (parallel forking) - based on the list
started by Iñaki:

- 6XX (except if disable_6xx_block == 1)
- 3XX
- 401 / 407  (authentication)
- 415 (Unsupported Media Type)
- 420 (Bad Extension)
- 484 (Address Incomplete)
- 4XX
- 408
- 5XX

486,480 - should not have priority (according to RFC algorithm) as they
do not provide additional information that may trigger resending the
request.