[OpenSIPS-Users] Dimensioning a telephony system based on openser!

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Oct 29 23:56:29 CET 2008

Yes.  There are some liabilities with that in that the signaling
messages may be incomplete (i.e. you may miss a BYE) and this is the
usual reason given for doing media proxying for more accurate accounting.

But the latency, bandwidth consumption, and increased complexity and
cost associated with doing it on a large scale does not justify it, in
my opinion.  SIP-only accounting is "good enough" most of the time.