[OpenSIPS-Users] howto: simple setup opensips-1.4 with freeradius

Uwe Kastens kiste at kiste.org
Tue Oct 28 09:35:54 CET 2008

Hi,

There is excellent starting point under
http://kamailio.net/docs/openser-radius-1.0.x.html

I will try to add some helpful information for a beginner like me. This
should help to get opensips with freeradius up and running - no accounting.

I installed on a debian etch with freeradius from a dpkg. opensips and
radiusclient-ng from source

Changes:

4.3: "/usr/local/etc/openser/dictionary.radius" looks different. Use the
one that is installed under $prefix/etc/opensips/

6.3: include other dictionaries under /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary as
well:

$INCLUDE      /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.sip
$INCLUDE      /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.opensips
$INCLUDE      /etc/radiusclient-ng/dictionary.compat

The rest should work out of the box.

One last thing: If the error message sound like
"check_radius_reply: received invalid reply digest from RADIUS server
..." the NAS shared secret is different in freeradius and radiusclient-ng.

BR

Kiste

--

kiste lat: 54.322684, lon: 10.13586