[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] OpenSIPS @ SIPit - report and conclusions

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 23 10:54:24 CEST 2008

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I read the report. You say that:
> Remarks:
> ● T1 timer is constant – RFC 3261 does not allow to be changed
>
> RFC 3261 says: ...T1 is an estimate of the round-trip time (RTT), and
> it defaults to 500 ms....
>
> So, IMO it is valid to adopt T1 timer.
That was my impression also, but Robert Sparks said no, it is constant
(otherwise RFC3261 does not make too much sense) - I personally have to
dive in back into RFC to look for the constraint (maybe is for
non-INVITE only) ?

> ● OSIPS – to investigate – sip:name;transport=tcp -> does the SIP
> resolver returns the 5061 port (as it should), if no SRV is available ?
>
> Why should be returned 5061 in this case?
I think it is bug in doc - transport was TLS, not TCP - I fixed the PDF. :)

> On the opensips website: ...A comprehensive report regarding the
> tests, as well as the conclusions we draw after this event is
> available for download....
>
> Should this be 2 documents? Both links refer to the same document.
It is only one doc - maybe the way the links are inserted is a bit
confusing, but we wanted to be sure all the people will sport it quickly
(based on "download" or "report" words)

Regards,
Bogdn