[OpenSIPS-Users] Receiving requests via registration TCP connection

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Oct 14 15:14:58 CEST 2008

2008/10/14 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:

>> As far as I remember, it did never mantain the REGISTER TCP connection
>> with the client open. Let me try it again.
>>

> Note that for keeping the connection up, none of the parties should close
> it. We can control the server side (like opensips not closing the
> connection), but the client does whatever it wants (it can close the
> connection).
> Check which party is doing RESET.

It's possible that Twinkle closed it. I'll check it.

>> Now imagine that the proxy, for whatever reason, forwards requests to
>> the UA using the previous TCP connection (still open), this is, with
>> destination port 12345.
>>

> The proxy should use the registered contact (if no nat detected). So, the
> proxy should open a second TCP connection to UA_PUBLIC_IP:5060. Proxy has to
> use the registered contact as received, if there are no network limitations
> (like NAT).

Yes yes, thatis why I said "imagine that the proxy, for whatever reason" XDD
I just wanted to eliminate NAT problem and concentrate in the UAC
behaviour (also note that UA, which is not using STUN, knows nothing
about him NAT position).

>> Should the UA accept those requests?
>> Shouldn't the UA rejects them because they don't come via 5060 port?
>>

> Hmmm....To be honest, it is a difficult question. I made some inquires
> around and the we agreed that:
>   1) RFC says nothing on this matter
>   2) in the worst case, the client should check only the username and domain
> - no URI parameters, port, etc
>   3) in the best case, the client should not check - otherwise you could not
> do static registration (simply fwd to the client without registration).

So you mean that a UA should accept incoming request coming via a TCP
connection opened by the UAC previously, is it?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>