[OpenSIPS-Users] MSRP relay send 403: login failed user not found

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Oct 13 10:06:47 CEST 2008

Hi Jovan,

On 10 Oct 2008, at 15:54, Jovan Djelic wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have my own MSRP client written in C++.
> I'm using an OpenSER account, like 12345678 at sip2sip.info

That's great, good to see more MSRP implementations. Is it or will it
be open source by any chance?

> I want to do MSRP AUTH with the relay, but it keeps on sending back
> 403: Unauthorized: login failed user not found.
> It's confusing me a lot - what to use for 'realm'. If I send
> sip2sip.info in the initial AUTH request, the relay gives it back as
> the 'realm'
> in the challenge. If I send 0.0.0.0, it also works, as well for
> 81.23.228.139 *the actual IP address of the relay).
>
> There is no exact guidline on how to set realm, username and
> password for MD5 and this online test relay.
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Jovan

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you did, since in the digest
algorithm it is the server which sets the realm. When you say you
"send sip2sip.info", what is it you mean exactly?

It is very important that you read and understand the "Multi-domain
operation" section of the MSRP relay README. This explains that you
should set "sip2sip.info" as the host part of the To URI of the relay
and it will return this to you as the realm. Is this what you did?

If so, please send me a decrypted dump of your communication with the
relay so that we may analyze it.

Ruud Klaver,
AG Projects