[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] CANCELs and negative ACKs are constructed from the outgoing INVITE ?

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Sun Oct 12 03:29:50 CEST 2008

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:23:21 +0300, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> For From header, OpenSIPS offers uac_replace_from() -
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.4.x/uac.html - which does a
> proper job.

Speaking of uac_replace_from(), is there a good reason why this
function is not available from a branch route?

uac_replace_from depends on adding a rr param and upon rewriting the
outgoing message. Both of those things are permissible from branch routes
so I am not sure why this function isn't.

I use uac_replace_from() to change the From header when sending requests
to certain SIP terminals which do a bad job of showing caller ID
information on their displays otherwise, but the choice of when and how
to perform the rewriting might vary from one branch to another depending
on the type of terminal I am sending to.

-Phil