[OpenSIPS-Users] How to send 200 OK for REGISTER without adding Tag in SIP-To-Header (To-Tag $tt)

Pai Peng sipaipv6 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 19:21:15 CEST 2008

Hello Bogdan,

thanks a lot for your clear answer.

I am now comparing out the 2 different 200 OK responses: one from other
sip-server works fine on Nokia SIP client, the other comes from Opensips
not.

I can not manipulate the SIP client on Nokia device, because it is
integrated in OS and can already works with many other SIP servers.

Because I can't find out the error code (-17701) description in any
documents, I don't know exactly what is the problem. I heard from someone
that it is may be in the contact-header...

There are two different points between these two 200 OKs:
in Via: the working 200 OK response has a received=ip added into the
Via-Header (it is the same as the src_ip in via-header), but the 200 OK from
Opensips has not.

in To-header: the working 200 OK response has not To-Tag inserted, but the
other from Opensips has.

I have just checked out in the early discussion about the ";received=ip" in
VIA. It is not a MUST. But in order to solve my problem, I would like to add
this in via-header by myself.

The question is, if it is possible to do it? When yes, how to configuration?

Thanks again

Pai

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro>wrote:

> Hi Pai,
>
> It is a must (by RFC3261) to have a TO-tag in any final reply (including
> 200 OK) . What are you asking is a violation of the SIP RFC.
>
> I guess the problem is in the SIP client from the NOKIA device. You should
> try to solve it there.
>

> Anyhow, to answer to your question, no, there is no way to send a 200 OK
> without To-tag :).
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Pai Peng wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> I am using Opensips 1.4.2  as SIP-Server and a Nokia N95 as SIP-Client.
>>
>> But I got error -17701 on N95 by registering with 200 OK response from the
>> server.
>>
>> I compared the 200 OK SIP-message with other worked SIP-Server und found
>> out, that the problem maybe is on the To-Tag in the response.
>>
>> Now I want the Opensips not adding to-tag into the 200 OK response for
>> register. Can anyone give me a help?
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Pai

Pai Peng