[OpenSIPS-Users] [Fwd: [Serdev] the sip router project]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Nov 4 16:16:02 CET 2008

Hi Jiri,

Thank you for pointing this. On a first view, it looks interesting, but
I'm missing some points here (important points):

1) as OpenSER was forked from SER because different views (and the
OpenSER view proved to be a very popular and successful one), I wonder
why, Kamilio is getting back to SER? not sharing any more the OpenSER
view as claimed? because such merging will definitely have a great
impact on the dynamical  and openness of the projects (like releases,
contributions, driving the project)

2) this major change of perspective (at least for kamilio) was a
backstage decision, kept secret from the community - shouldn't be in the
interest of the community to say if going back to the roots (merging
into SER) is something wanted or not? it somehow contradicts the self
existence of OpenSER, right?

3) the benefits you mentions are mainly optimization of the internal
project activities and not optimizations of the outcome - what the
project will deliver. And I guess this is the most important. We already
went though the experience of  large devel community, frameworks, etc
but with no outcome for more than 2 years...

 From my personal perspective, the new project looks more like SER
absorbing Kamilio (considering the sizes, the companies behind each
project, the resources, and the man-power behind each project).