[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] New OpenSER-mi-proxy release 1.0.0

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Sat May 31 17:13:15 CEST 2008

On Saturday 31 May 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Adrian Georgescu writes:
>  > Personally, I would be happy not to have an extra piece software to
>  > install if the rpc server in OpenSER works fine but until is fixed
>  > this solution works fine for me and I wanted to share it with
>  > others.
>
> adrian,
>
> sure, no problems with that.  i was just worried about possible openser
> crashes caused by built-in xmlrpc interface that have not been reported
> before.

I think there is a confusion here. There are no crashes related to the
xmlrpc interface. The problem is that when using the xmlrpc interface,
after a while the xmlrpc MI process freezes and refuses to answer any
more requests. All the rest of openser works just fine, but xmlrpc is
dead and won't recover without a restart. I reported the problem here and
it was also acknowledged by someone else who inspected the code and
suggested that the issue may be with the abyss code not releasing the
connections and not accepting new connections after a certain number of
unreleased connections are present.

--
Dan