[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] [RFC] - siptrace change

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu May 15 14:24:23 CEST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Hi Helmut,
>
> As explaining to Dan, this discussion is only about ACK resulting from
> sl_send_reply(negative reply)). 200 OK ACKs and statefull ACKs will
> still be logged.

If one uses it for debugging purposes than seeing every incoming and
outgoing packet is helpful to trace problems. Right now we do not see the
outgoing ACK that comes after a 200 OK. The ACK to stateless replies was
also not available in the beginning and was only added later. I would
hate to see it removed again. Lets rather disable it if global tracing is
not enabled so that all users are happy. Ideally we should find a better
solution and also find a solution to log the outgoing e2e ACKs.

--
Dan