[OpenSER-Users] Openser not processing requests at rate being sent to it

Michael Young myoung at redmonsters.net
Sat May 24 02:24:48 CEST 2008

Brian -- Have had similar problems recently.

1.       Run a netstat –su and see if you are having “packet errors”. This
means the udp buffer is filling up.

2.       Check out the latest from SVN. A patch recently implemented will
honor the rev_dns=no.

3.       Increase the UDP buffer size (I used this info: HYPERLINK
"http://www.29west.com/docs/THPM/udp-buffer-sizing.html"http://www.29west.co
m/docs/THPM/udp-buffer-sizing.html). Mine is set to 1 Mb right now, and is
now able to handle 10 invites per second. Before making these changes I was
dying at 3 per second.

I posted a message earlier this week, that said that my OpenSER install is
not correctly calculating the buffer size as far as I can tell, but have not
gotten a response on that yet. Performance is still not as good as previous
OpenSER versions with this setup (we have a 1.2.1 server that is running
circles around the three 1.3.2 servers). I am using dbaliases to route calls
on the 1.3.2 servers, and ENUM on the 1.2.1 server, but that is the only
difference, and I would not expect that to make this great of a difference.

Michael