[OpenSER-Users] DNS query

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue May 20 15:41:40 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 20 May 2008, Yazid Hadj Said wrote:
> I want to perform a DNS query with the Record-Route header's content, and
> replace this content by the response (replacing  "domain.com" by
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
> someone knows how?

Hi Yazid,

to get the Record-Route header content in the script use e.g. pseudo-variables
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/pseudovariables:devel#headers

But why do you want to do the DNS lookup manually? The receiver of the SIP
message should be capable to do this lookup by themself. It should understand
any valid sip URIs, and also additional parameters here.

You can hack something with the 'exec' module to call a external script if you
really want, but otherwise i have no ideas how to do this.

Cheers,

Henning