[OpenSER-Users] How to install OpenSER on VMware?

Habib, Yeasin yeasin.habib at philips.com
Tue May 20 09:50:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am successful till the addition of voip overlay. After that I have also include the line source

/usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf  in /etc/make.conf. Now when I try to install openser using the command

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=!x86 emerge openser, every time I got the following reply back from the console

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "openser"

Does anybody know how I can solve this problem and install and configure OpenSER on top my OpenIMSCore

Best regards

Yeasin Habib

You can install layman, add voip overlay and install OpenSER using

standard gentoo way (emerge openser)

1) start OpenIMS image

3) emerge --sync. On this step emerge will download information about

all packages. Maybe about 200 mb

4) emerge layman

5) edit make.conf

6) add voip overlay (layman -a voip)

7) install openser (ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge openser)

> Hi,

>    I've downloaded this image of OpenIMSCore for VMware

>   http://www.digilo.com/openims/files/OpenIMS.2008-03-30.r545.rar

>  I've installed and runned it.

>  Now I want install on it a Presence Server so I've downloaded the

>  packages of the OpenSER 1.2.0 version 1.20.

>  Now, how can I install it onto che VMware image?

>  Rob

Vladimir Romanov