[OpenSER-Users] [OpenSER-Devel] [RFC] - siptrace change

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu May 15 10:17:48 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

First just to be sure - I'm referring to incoming ACKs due negative
stateless replies (sl_send_reply). The other ACKs are not affected.

yes, the problem has two sides:
    - some of us use siptrace to get the traffic for all users (like you)
    - others are using siptrace to get traffic per user (like me) - and
btw, it is not so complicated to do it ;).

Now, just to explain my case:

Let's assume a platform with 1000 online users. These users generates
10K of calls per day. So, I will have 10k of auth requests (for invite),
so 10K of ACK (for to 407).
So, if I want to trace one or two users on the system, I will end up
with at least 10K of records fir these ACKs I really do not care.

Maybe, until the filtering is extended for ACK tracing, I suggest a
short patch to enable/disable stateless ACK tracing via a module
parameter. This will server the needs of all people, I guess

This should be for 1.3.2 - for 1.4 I hope we can come up with a better
solution.