[OpenSER-Users] [OT?] voip-to-voip rating using cdrtool

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri May 9 10:01:55 CEST 2008

You can rate sip calls to specific SIP URIs, which are not telephone
numbers in CDRTool.

The SIP URIs must be fully qualified, that is you can set a price for

user at example.com

but you cannot do a wildcard matching for *@example.com

Just add the SIP URI in the destination table as any other PSTN prefix.

Regards,
Adrian

Apologies if this is off-topic here, but this seemed like a good
friendly place to ask.  Apologies for being so naïve also...

Question is, how can I get cdrtool to rate voip-to-voip calls when
destination is non-numeric?  As in, say, sip:holmes at example.com calls
sip:watson at example.com.  How do I get cdrtool to match *@example.com
or *@example2.com?  (FWIW, I'm just trying to see how this works... no
plan of rolling out this Evil Scheme into a real world deployment.)

While cdrtool has decent documentation, I wish this was a little more
easy on me.  Has anyone read/reviewed this book yet?

http://www.packtpub.com/building-telephony-systems-with-openser/book

I'm specifically interested in the "Billing with Freeradius and
CDRTool" part.

Thanks,
Sajith.