[OpenSER-Users] running openser on port 5070

toly hippo_big at hotmail.com
Sat May 3 18:00:55 CEST 2008

Greetings and regards to Everyone.

I'm running Openser/Mediaproxy with NAT traversal. Opeser initially was
running on port 5060. Our client is behind Cisco firewall and at some point
they turned on Sip fixup (which is beyond  our control ) because they need
sip fixup for some other application and as a result nat travesal can't
work. Per my conversation with their IT guy they have no problem with our
sip proxy running on port 5070. I've reconfigured proxy on port 5070 -
everything is working with no problems. Here are my questions:

1. Anything wrong running sip proxy on port 5070 or some other port (if it
does not interfere with other services) in general.

2. Would such solution considered as permanent solution?

TIA

Toly