[OpenSER-Users] srv load-balancing

stanis at zimbra-1.gradwell.net stanis at zimbra-1.gradwell.net
Fri May 2 13:23:02 CEST 2008

Hi,
I've got a problem with openser servers and load balancing. Current setup contains 2 asterisks and 2 opensers. I've got a srv record xxx for both asterisk-1 and asterisk-2 - same priorities and weights.
Openser's config runs basically:

rewritehostport("xxx");
t_relay();

But all packets go to first host on the list anyways. For example now I get this from dns (same order):

_sip._udp.xxx. 300 IN SRV 1 50 5060 asterisk-2
_sip._udp.xxx. 300 IN SRV 1 50 5060 asterisk-1

and got 6 calls on asterisk-2 and none on asterisk-1. If I change the order, all calls go to the first host on the list. Shouldn't openser do load-balancing in this scenario? I don't use any options in t_relay().

Thanks for ideas.