[OpenSER-Users] UAC_REPLACE_FROM()

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 26 14:53:51 CET 2008

Hi Bai,

Bai Shi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to share some experience with uac_replace_from(). Please
> anybody correct me if I made any mistake.
>
> I have done tons of test with openser 1.2.3 and 1.3.1 and finally found
> the trend as follows:
>
> In 1.2.3 the Header Field From in CANCEL will be the one received from
> UAC, no matter what you have done with INVITE, it will remember the
> From: prior to all the changes. Parameter from_restore_mode doesn't
> apply to this. So you have to write something like if(method=="CANCEL")
> uac_replace_from("sometext").

Yes, this was a known limitation in 1.2.x - you had to manually do the
same change on CANCEL as for INVITE
> However, in 1.3.1. If you set modparam("uac", "from_restore_mode",
> "auto"). TM is smart enough to change From: in CANCEL for you to match
> the one in INVITE, even modified by Openser. But the problem in 1.3.1 is
> if you set from_restore_mode to none, no matter how you write
> uac_replace_from() to your CANCEL request, nothing will happen. Actually
> this means in Openser 1.3.1, no matter what you do with
> uac_replace_from() to CANCEL, nothing will happen, depends on the module
> param it will be either original message or modified message in INVITE.
> But you can hardly do anything to CANCEL manually.

As Andreas said, if NO RESTORE mode is used, none of the following
messages will be changed.

Also, as mentioned by Andreas, CANCEL needs to be changed in the same
way as the INVITE, so, in 1.3.x you cannot do any manual change on
CANCEL - it will inherit whatever change you did on INVITE.