[OpenSER-Users] LCR Gateway Priority....

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 22:11:59 CET 2008

>Douglas Garstang writes:
>
 >> Juha, not sure I understand you. It sounds like your suggesting
>> exactly the scenario I described in my post, which really seems like
 >> a less than ideal what to do it. It means a lot of unecessary rows in
 >> the lcr table.
>
>if you need to add those rows by hand (i.e., you don't have any
>management system) then check if carrierroute module could be a better
>match for you.
>
>-- juha

Juha, I spent some time trying to understand and get the carrierroutefunctionality working today, and it looks like it doesn't solve myproblem either.

It appears that the default carrier cannot be changed during a call,which is no good. If we assumed that the domain was our carrier, thenit might be ok because we can call lc_rewrite_uri to switch domains,but once we've selected a new carrier, the gateways are selected basedon the 'prob' column in the db. This also isn't what we need. We needmore control than that.

The LCR module actually works better. It the gatways had a priority, we'd be happy!

I'm surprised no one has written a better module for this. In the realworld, you have multiple POPs, your carriers also have multiple POP's,multiple gateways. In the event you get a failure with one carrier, youprobably want to switch to the next cheapest carrier, not anothergateway within the same carrier (as it will probably just fail again).When selecting a carrier gateway, you need to choose the best POP touse before you select the trunk.

Doug.