[OpenSER-Users] LCR Failover

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 08:24:46 CET 2008

I'd like to think I'm not stupid, but I've been dealing with OpenSER for 2-3 years now and it still frustrates me just as much as it did the very first time I looked at it.

Can LCR do failover? I have this below. I can see that one of my gateways is selected, seemingly at random, and then when it doesn't reply (because I used a bogus IP), it doesn't time-out after 3s and go to the next gw. Is this possible? How do I do it?

Btw... can anyone recommend a book on OpenSER, since the documentation is so lacking?

modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "$avp(i:705)")

route{

    $avp(i:705) = "3";

    if (!lookup("location")) {
        switch ($retcode) {
            case -1:
            case -3:
                t_newtran();
                sl_send_reply("100","Trying");
                if (!load_gws()) {
                    sl_send_reply("500", "Internal server error, unable to load gateways");
                    exit;
                }
                if(!next_gw()){
                    sl_send_reply("503", "Service not available, no gateways found");
                    exit;
                };
                route(1);
    }