[OpenSER-Users] Preserve the original number with alias_db_lookup

Morten Isaksen misak at misak.dk
Wed Mar 12 20:23:58 CET 2008

Hi!

I have some challenges with alias_db_lookup and hope someone here can help.

I have a PBX that has registered 111 at xxx with my OpenSER. I want to
attach 222 at xxx and 333 at xxx to that registration and alias_db_lookup
does that fine.

If a call comes to 111 the sip header looks like this

INVITE 111 at xxx ....
To: 111 <111 at xxx> ...

And everything works fine.

But if a call comes to 222 the sip header looks like this:

INVITE 111 at xxx ....
To: 222 <222 at xxx> ...

But now the PBX thinks that the call is for 111 and not 222.

On Asterisk I can do something like this to solve the problem:

exten => _X.,1,goto(from-siptrunk,${CUT(CUT(SIP_HEADER(To),@,1),:,2)},1)
[from-siptrunk]
exten => 111,1,dial(SIP/1010)
exten => 222,1,dial(SIP/1020)

But a lot of SIP enabled PBX's cannot do that sort of thing.

One solution is the force the PBX to register with OpenSER for every
number, but I would prefer not to do that. Another solution is to
manually populate the alias tables but this is not very elegant.

--
Morten Isaksen
http://www.misak.dk/blog/