[OpenSER-Users] Increase MAX_BRANCHES value?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Mar 12 12:16:31 CET 2008

Hi Marcello,

Marcello Lupo wrote:
> Hi to all,
> due to a failover routing policy (serial forking) i need to increase
> the MAX_BRANCHES value to something like 35.
> Our gateways have limitation of 30 Channels ---> 1 IP . I have 32 of
> them available.
> Can this change have any heavy and dangerous effect on openser ??

It should not. At least not a dangerous effect, but a slightly increase
of SHM memory - a transaction will be larger to accommodate the higher
number of branches.
> Just to know if i will need to increase memory aveilable or something
> like this.

Theoretically, it will be safer to increase a bit the SHM memory - but
this depends of how many simultaneous transaction you have - see the TM
statistics for this.
> I already use :
>
> /*used only if PKG_MALLOC is defined*/
> #define PKG_MEM_POOL_SIZE 4*1024*1024
>
> due to my eavy use of AVP.
This is wrong - AVPs use SHM memory and not PKG.