[OpenSER-Users] Error starting Openser 1.3 with postgres

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Mar 3 10:38:00 CET 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008, Mauricio Viveros wrote:
> [..]
> Then I tried with Henning's instructions, I changed my current
> openser.cfgfor the
> openser.cfg that I donwloaded from
> http://devel.openser.org/svn/branches/1.3/etc/openser.cfg and changed the
> properties to work with postgres but the result was
> same that when I followed the David's instructions.
>
> so, I returned to the initial openser.cfg file and sow that the lines 154
> and 155 of --usrloc params-- session were commented
>
> then I uncommented that lines and changed mysql for pgsql, 192.168.1.3 for
> 192.168.1.1 because it is the static ip of my pc and openser_1_3 for
> openser because it is the name of the database create in postgres
>
> the new lines were:
> modparam("usrloc", "db_url",
>     "pgsql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.1/openser")
>
> equals that 163 and 164 of --uth_db params-- session
> modparam("auth_db", "db_url",
>     "psql://openser:openserrw@192.168.1.1/openser")

Hi Mauricio,

the correct driver name is 'postgres', not 'psql' or 'pgsql'. The error
message that you've got because of this problem is somewhat misleading.

http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/troubleshooting:faq#qerrorcorebind_dbmodmodule_xxxx_does_not_export_db_use_table_function

Cheers,

Henning