[OpenSER-Users] Setting smaller register "expires" value for TCP

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Mar 1 17:49:08 CET 2008

Hi, in order to mantain TCP conecction with UACs behind NAT the only working
solution (AFAIK) is setting register expires value smaller than the time UAC
mantains open the TCP connection (value "x").

Certainly, I don't know which is the typical "x" value (i.e. Twinkle 1.2 that
suports TCP mantains TCP connection for 32 seconds). Is 30 a good value?

Of course, in UDP I use "OPTIONS" keepalive from OpenSer, so I don't need (and
don't want) a very small register "expires" value. I just want to
set "expires" value to 30 seconds in case of TCP.

But "registrar" module seems not to allow me it, I just see:

  default_expires (integer)
  min_expires (integer)
  max_expires (integer)

It would be nice if I could set an AVP to set the max expires time in the
script, and set itto 30 if "proto==TCP".

Is it possible in some way?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion. Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo