[OpenSER-Users] Wants to know abt memory Dump

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:22:54 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 06/20/08 18:26, Dilip wrote:
> Hello EvryOne,
>
> During running the Openser ,it gives me that "out of pkg memory error".
>
> After giving this error i have fired the "kill -SIGUSR1 15054" cmd which
> gives me the memory dump.

I guess you sent the signal to the process that printed the out of pkg
memory error. From the dump I couldn't spot something that shows a
runtime leak in the pkg.

How big is your config file? Can you list the modules you load? Please
post the entire log message as printed in syslog with the error, plus
couple of line before and after to understand which piece of code fired it.

> Which is given below.
> Can u explain me what actually this memory dump gives??

The dump prints the list with allocated memory chunks. Some are not
considered leaks being allocated at startup, and not freed piece by
piece -- openser will release entire used memory at shutdown.

One should know a bit of insights, to be able to sort startup allocated
chunks and runtime ones.

Cheers,
Daniel

--