[OpenSER-Users] About xmpp-sip interoperability.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:40:25 CEST 2008

Hello again,

catching up the thread, sorry for delay, busy here ...

On 06/09/08 18:03, Gaoqiang Qian wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you very much for replying, yes the handshake between sip and
> xmpp server was established. And I got some logs when I send a
> "subsribe" message from gqian at ovi.com(on Pidgin XMPP client) to
> address tcc11*sip.rcs.demo at rcs.allatum.wipsl.com  as below:
>
> Jun  9 17:54:46 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18844]:
> xmpp: server read [<presence from='gaqian at ovi.com'
> to='tcc11*sip.rcs.demo at rcs.allatum.wipsl.com'
> type='subscribe'><status>I would like to add you to my
> roster.</status></presence>]
> Jun  9 17:54:46 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18844]:
> xmpp: stream callback: 1: presence
> Jun  9 17:56:06 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18821]:
> PRESENCE: msg_watchers_clean:cleaning pending subscriptions
> Jun  9 17:56:06 ims /home/openser/openser1.2.3/sbin/openser[18821]:
> PRESENCE: msg_active_watchers_clean:cleaning expired watcher information

I would need the log messages from the moment openser started, to be
able to identify the workers for xmpp side and what they did there.

> But nothing more and on the sip client X-lite side, I didn't get any message.

Can you watch the SIP traffic with ngrep/whireshark and see if messages
are sent on the net?
> So now I still have two questions:
> 1. Is Having openser 1.2.3 module "mysql , presence, xmpp" enough to
> setup the sip gateway to a remote ejabber server? Or should I try
> "mysql, presence, pua, pua_xmpp" modules?

mysql, pua, pua_xmpp, xmpp, presence, presence_xml are required.

> 2. What sip and xmpp client should be used to test?

For sip, X-Lite/Eyebeam/Bria are a good variant, or Twinkle for Linux,
for Jabber, most of the clients out there have presence implemented,
including pidgin.

Would you mind moving on the devel at lists.openser.org and merge in the
other threads you are involved in, about same topic? Although it is
about stable, I feel like xmpp-gw is still under development, as the
IETF keeps updating specs about interoperability.

Thanks,
Daniel

> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Br
> Gaoqiang
> Quoting Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> can you grab the sip trace  and xmpp trace on openser server to see if
>> the messages reaches your sip server? Also, run openser with higher
>> debug level so you get hints in syslog (e.g., debug=5).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 06/05/08 16:22, Gaoqiang Qian wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I have setup and configured my Openser with mysql, presence, xmpp,
>>> pua modules. The server was startup fine. I setup the xmpp module
>>> as the  xmpp gateway as component module cuase I have another
>>> jabber server  running remotely.
>>>
>>> The configuration of servers parameters is as below:

>>> listen=udp:193.210.148.243:5060
>>> alias=xmpp.rcs.demo
>>> modparam("xmpp", "domain_separator", "*")
>>> modparam("xmpp", "gateway_domain", "xmpp.rcs.demo")//added to etc/hosts file

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com