[OpenSER-Users] Caching REGISTER

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 10:14:29 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 06/15/08 13:11, Julien mangeard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to use Openser for caching REGISTER requests.
> Openser server is between UA and SIP registrar server.
>
> First register :
> The UA sends a REGISTER request.
> Openser server changes the expire value (with bigger value) and it
> relays these request to the SIP registrar server.
> SIP registrar server responses with a challenge. The Openser relays
> this challenge to the UA.
>
> The UA reponses to this challenge.
> The Openser relays the message to the SIP registrar server.
> When the SIP registrar server responses with "200 OK", Openser server
> add a record in it own location database.
>
> Second register :
> The UA send a REGISTER request.
> The UA is in the Openser location database and the session is not expire.
> Openser responses "200 OK" without forwarding the request to SIP
> registrar server.
>
> I've make a schema with the expected registration flow :
> http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/930/registerlj0.png.
>
> What do you think about it ?
> Can I do this kind of configuration with existing Openser module ?

is openser acting as registrar as well (for messages 9 and 11)?
Practically it is possible, but take care of 200ok replies from
registrar, because they can have expires parameter with the value you
updated in REGISTER -- you have to restore it back to initial value in
order to achieve what you want.

Cheers,
Daniel

--