[OpenSER-Users] Radius accounting and Dialog

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:06:22 CEST 2008

> > Instruct the UAC to send a message every 60 senconds to our server,
>
> And how will you do it?
>
> > and
> > reseting that timer when we receive it, so that we know that the call
> > hasn't ended.
>

> > If we don't receive that "keep-alive" message we end the dialog with a
> BYE
> > (from an outside script)
>
> How will you know when the keep-alive is not received?
> This is, OpenSer will receive a keepalive and if it's not received an
> external
> script should call a MI command to generate the BYE. How will you do it?
>
> Regarding this, I know we could simply use the Dialog module to store al
dialogs on the dialog table, and use an external script to end the dialog

On the other hand, Bogdan says it should work. Even if not ALL UACs do sent
the in-dialog-keep-alive, most of the should, as most adhere to RFCs. We
should try to get this working as it would solve not only mine, but a lot of
people's problems of calls dropped that can't be properly rated.

I'm writing to the users list because I'm NOT that well versed on TM and
DIALOG's inner workings, and really wouldn't know where to start. Though
I'll start investigating on this.... Anyone wants to help?

Thanks to all

David