[OpenSER-Users] First route in Route header not being removed

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Wed Jun 11 17:57:40 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 10 June 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Robert Dyck writes:
>  > Since the first route in a Route header over rides a request URI, this
>  > Route URI must be removed prior to routing or the request will loop.
>  > Openser will loop when Ekiga is configured with Openser as the outgoing
>  > proxy.
>  >
>  > Of course the header could be removed using the openser.cfg but the
>  > operation should be built in.
>
> i don't see a problem with calling loose_route() on the initial request
> in the script.
>
> -- juha

Are there any situations where we would not remove the first route URI if it
matches the proxy? The RFC suggests to me that it is unconditional.

16.12 Summary of Proxy Route Processing
 2.  The proxy will inspect the URI in the topmost Route header
          field value.  If it indicates this proxy, the proxy removes it
          from the Route header field (this route node has been
          reached).