[OpenSER-Users] Loose route problem or misunderstanding

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Wed Jun 11 00:21:58 CEST 2008

The remote target is on the same machine, but on a different port.  OpenSER is listening on 5060, Asterisk is listening on 5062.

> Nortel CS1000? I've bad experiences with a Nortel CS2000 but
> it *does* well
> loose-routing not as in your case.

This is a CS1k, but the question is a vagary of my setup.  Unfortunately, this is one problem I can't blame on the Nortel. ;)

Not to worry, there are plenty of others that I know for sure I can. :)

> loose_route() examines the top "Route" header (10.0.12.51)
> and matches it
> agains OpenSer knows IP's and hostnames (and domains).
>
> If it matches (and it does it) it takes off the "Route"
> header and send the
> request to the URI indicated in the RURI (if there is not
> more "Route"
> headers), but note that the request RURI is:
>   INVITE sip:71841 at 10.0.12.51:5062 SIP/2.0

Yes, but if it were doing that it would work fine.  Again, the endpoint here is on the same system, but a different port.

> So it's 10.0.12.51: OpenSer IP !!!!!
> so OpenSer routes the request to itself !!!
> When the request arrives again to OpenSer (looped) it has
> "To" tag but
> not "Route" header so OpenSer replies with a correct "404:
> Not here". It's
> 100% correct.

But it shouldn't be sending it to itself at all.  If it is, then it's ignoring the port in the RURI and that's certainly incorrect.

> The problem is the host of the RURI in the in-dialog request.
> Could you show
> how the INITIAL INVITE arrives to the Nortel (in case a UAC calls the
> Nortel), or the 200 OK arriving to Nortel (if Nortel
> initiates the call).

I can, but it will have to wait until tomorrow I'm afraid.  I'm away from those systems for the evening.