[OpenSER-Users] stun

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Tue Jun 10 18:29:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 10 jun 2008 kl. 18.02 skrev Aymeric Moizard:

>>> Sure? AFAIK a symmetric NAT not only depends on the destination IP
>>> but also on the port. So unless you have a STUN server listening in
>>> all the ports available for RTP proxing you don't know if STUN will
>>> work.
>>
>> Right.
>> 1-> I'm talking about SIP and contact management. (not about RTP).
>> In this
>> case, the STUN server must be on the same socket as the SIP server.
>> This
>> is planned in 'outbound' draft from ietf.
>>
> Yes, that is something I need to fix in that "other b2bua" as well...
> I haven't seen
> this being used much, but have seen that I can enable it in Eyebeam.
> Going to try now.
> If I get disconnected from the Internet, you guys know what
> happened... :-)
>
> Anyone knows any more about the outbound draft and it's progress
> through the IETF?

Change between last 2 versions are minor: I suspect it's very close from
being complete:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff&url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sip-outbound-14.txt

Anyway, I think it would be good to have a STUN server runing inside
openser no matter this draft is out or not.

tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org