[OpenSER-Users] stun

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Jun 10 18:12:49 CEST 2008

10 jun 2008 kl. 18.02 skrev Aymeric Moizard:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
>
>> El Tuesday 10 June 2008 13:59:42 Aymeric Moizard escribió:
>>> Stun can work even behind symmetric NAT if the stun server was
>>> running on the same socket the SIP server is running... I hope
>>> this feature will come soon!
>>
>> Sure? AFAIK a symmetric NAT not only depends on the destination IP
>> but also on the port. So unless you have a STUN server listening in
>> all the ports available for RTP proxing you don't know if STUN will
>> work.
>
> Right.
> 1-> I'm talking about SIP and contact management. (not about RTP).
> In this
> case, the STUN server must be on the same socket as the SIP server.
> This
> is planned in 'outbound' draft from ietf.

Yes, that is something I need to fix in that "other b2bua" as well...
I haven't seen
this being used much, but have seen that I can enable it in Eyebeam.
Going to try now.
If I get disconnected from the Internet, you guys know what
happened... :-)

Anyone knows any more about the outbound draft and it's progress
through the IETF?

/O