[OpenSER-Users] SIP max session timer

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:55:42 CEST 2008

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. While sending a BYE from proxy on
session expiration makes some practical sense, RFC 4028 has a MUST NOT
clause on this (quote below). I'm not sure what problems this can
cause. Perhaps, this behavior can be made configurable (i.e. by
default OpenSER will clear its internal state only, but if this flag
was set, it'll send a BYE as well).

8.3.  Session Expiration

   When the current time equals or passes the session expiration for a
   session, the proxy MAY remove associated call state, and MAY free any
   resources associated with the call.  Unlike the UA, it MUST NOT send
   a BYE.

--
Raj Jain