[OpenSER-Users] stun

Aymeric Moizard jack at atosc.org
Tue Jun 10 13:59:42 CEST 2008

Stun can work even behind symmetric NAT if the stun server was
running on the same socket the SIP server is running... I hope
this feature will come soon!

I can help with this.

Also, SIP don't need to use STUN to work: you can discover your
IP address and port very easily by looking at the REGISTER answer
or OPTIONS answer which contains the "received" and "rport"
parameter.

Of course, symmetric NAT are a nightmare for RTP, but not for SIP...

tks,
Aymeric MOIZARD / ANTISIP
amsip - http://www.antisip.com
osip2 - http://www.osip.org