[OpenSER-Users] Loose route problem or misunderstanding

Watkins, Bradley Bradley.Watkins at compuware.com
Tue Jun 10 00:35:57 CEST 2008

I'm having a problem using loose_route, and I'm not sure if it's a
bug/feature/misunderstanding.

I have a B2BUA (Asterisk) running on the same system as OpenSER, and in
my failure_route for voicemail I direct calls there which actually sends
them on to the voicemail server.  If someone 'zeroes out' of voicemail,
to be forwarded to the operator, the voicemail server issues a re-INVITE
to redirect media.  This is where the problem comes in.

If I try to loose_route this re-INVITE, it fails.  However, putting the
B2BUA on a different system works fine.

This is running OpenSER 1.2.3 currently, though I'm not particularly
averse to upgrading to the latest 1.3.x if for some reason this is
something that's been resolved there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
- Brad