[Kamailio-Users] Detecting Two Phones Behind Same NAT

Ross Beer ross_beer at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 16:11:40 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

The problem I am having is that I am receiving one way audio or none at all for some calls.

For example I have two pones behind the same NAT and they can call each other without any problems, they can also call out through an asterisk gateway. The problems occur when there are incoming calls from the gateway.

I have looked at the SDP and they have local addresses, so I use the fix_nated_sdp("15") option and calls from the gateways work, however now calls between the two phones inside of the same NAT fail. I think this is because the devices can talk to each other directly, however when the SDP is changed to the NAT'ed address they can not.

If there is a way to check if they are behind the same NAT device, I could then only fix_nated_sdp("15") only when needed.

Thanks,

Ross