[OpenSER-Users] Why 'sip_trace' desn't show ACK for a "200 OK" from OpenSer to UAS?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Jul 21 13:30:26 CEST 2008

(Sorry, I sent this mail to devel maillist)

Hi, the first I do in my OpenSer script is:

modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", FLAG_SIPTRACE)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)

route {

	### SipTrace.
	if ! is_method("OPTIONS|REGISTER") {
		sip_trace();
		setflag(FLAG_SIPTRACE);
	}

When an INVITE gets a 200 OK the UAC sends an ACK (end to end).
This ACK from UAC to OpenSer is stored in 'sip_trace' table, but the same ACK
from OpenSer to the UAS (in-dialog ACK) is not stored, why?

Is there any reason for this? AFAIK this ACK is like any in-dialog request
and 'sip_trace' stores correctly both legs of any in-dialog request, except
in the case of an ACK for a 200 OK.

Since the "special" treatment OpenSer performs in the ACK, maybe there is a
technical issue that makes imposible ACK from OpenSer to UAS to appear
in "sip_trace"?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo