[OpenSER-Users] Does CDRTool require Radius server?

Andy Smith a.smith at ukgrid.net
Tue Jan 29 20:06:33 CET 2008

Hi Iñaki,  my understanding of the documentation is that mediaproxy can update the (Radius) DB in theevent of a missing SIP BYE, but Radius will do all other updates to DB accounting data. Doesthat sound right to you? Do you have any documentation to the contrary etc?cheers Andy.Hi, I'm starting reading about CDRTool and as AFAIK:

- MediaProxy can update call media info directly into database (without using
radius).
- OpenSer can log accounting in database (with "exrta-accounting").

So my question is: does CDRTool require a radius server? why exactly?

Thanks for any tip ;)