[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER XMPP Gateway Feature

Ali Jawad ali.jawad at splendor.net
Tue Jan 29 13:11:03 CET 2008

Well I found the Forums :-)

Thanks to Andrea Spirea, a new SIP-to-XMPP gateway was included in
OpenSER. There is a new module, XMPP, which enables SIP users to chat
with any XMPP user (Google Talk, Jabber) user in the world.

The design permits flexibility in configuration and deployments, the new
module can at alone as a XMPP server or can work in tandem with a
standalone XMPP server (for more complex communication scenarios like
TLS ...). Also, the module can be plugged in your main SIP server or can
be deployed alone, enabling in a easy manner geographic distribution and
redundancy.

There is no need of mapping SIP addresses to XMPP addresses, no need to
store translation profiles, everything is done in the fly. The
conversation will survive to restarts, the session being recovered form
the messages. As a result, there is no need of a persistent storage, the
footprint is very small, embedding the gateway in small devices should
be straightforward.

The news is posted here:
http://www.openser.org/index.php?option ... p;Itemid=9
<http://www.voipuser.org/ship_to.php?url=http://www.openser.org/index.ph
p?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=9>

With Regards

Ali Jawad

System Administrator

Splendor Telecom (www.splendor.net)