[OpenSER-Users] Strip Digits

Jonathan Creasy jcreasy at netlogic.net
Tue Jan 29 05:13:35 CET 2008

I am sending an INVITE to Box A for "F+18007622265 at boxa"

Part of GW Table:
gw_name
	grp_id
	ip_addr
	port
	uri_scheme
	transport
	strip
	prefix
toll-free failover 	5 	XXXXXXXX 	/NULL/ 	/NULL/ 	/NULL/ 	1

Part of LCR Table:
id 	prefix
	from_uri
	grp_id
	priority
170 	F+1800 	  	5 	1

This sends the call to box B XXXXXXXX per the GW table:

Jan 29 04:03:16 boxb-sip /usr/local/sbin/openser[28118]: Req 41070
INVITE From <sip:asterisk at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX> To <sip:F+18007622265 at boxa>
RURI <sip:+18007622265 at boxb>

It strips the F off in the RURI field but not in the TO field so boxb
then fails the call as it doesn't know how to route a call to
F+1800NXXXXXX.

What can I do to make it re-format the to: field?

The original problem I am trying to solve is that toll-free calls are
routed to a system. If that system cannot handle the call I want that
system to then place the call back to the OpenSER box (boxa) but instead
of using the grp_id of 2 that +1800 calls would go to (and route to the
system in question), I want to indicate that boxa should use group 5 and
send the calls to boxb.

There is probably a very easy way of doing this which doesn't involve a
mangled dial string but I'm missing it so if anyone would like to assist
me with this that would be great.