[OpenSER-Users] dp and dP pseudo-vars

Thu Jan 24 12:00:03 CET 2008

Victor Gamov schrieb:
> Hi gentlemen!
>
> I use openser-1.2.2 and I want to access to dp & dP variables but
> sometimes they are empty. I try to access it before and after t_relay()
> and result is the same -- variable is empty.
>
> When this variables are set?

Manually in openser.cfg or by some functions (e.g. lookup() or
loose_route()).

> Is it possible that they are not set at all?

yes.

If openser forwards the request (e.g. t_relay) it verifies if DURI is
set. If yes, the request is sent to the DURI.

If DURI is not sent, the request is forwarded to the RURI.

a typical example: client behind NAT register with Contact URI
sip:192.168.2.2:5060. The request comes from 1.2.3.4:8888.

Then during save openser will save the contact and the public address.
Further, if you  lookup() this user, the lookup function will set RURI
to sip:192.168.2.2:5060 and duri to sip:1.2.3.4:8888

regards
klaus