[OpenSER-Users] Carrierroute help..

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Jan 22 15:26:00 CET 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Ricardo Martinez wrote:
> Hello.
> I would like to make a question about the carrierroute module.
> How does it work when one of the "level 0" gw's are down?.  For example ,
> this is my carrierroute table :
>
> +----+---------+-------------+--------+------+-------+---------------+
> | id | carrier | scan_prefix | domain | prob | strip | rewrite_host  |
> +----+---------+-------------+--------+------+-------+---------------+
> | 1  |       1 | 49          | 0      |  0.3 | 0     | de-1.carrier1 |
> | 2  |       1 | 49          | 0      |  0.3 | 0     | de-2.carrier1 |
> | 3  |       1 | 49          | 0      |  0.3 | 0     | de-3.carrier1 |
> | 4  |       1 |             | 1      |  1   | 0     | defa.carrier1 |
> +----+---------+-------------+--------+------+-------+---------------+
>

> 1- Let's suppose "de-1.carrier1" gateway is down.  So.. any INVITE to
> that gateway will not have any answer (for the failure_route failover), how
> the module handle this?,  It tries with the others+.?

Hi Ricardo,

no, at the moment there is no automatically failover done from the
carrierroute module. So if you want to route your calls to another gw,
e.g. 'de-2', you must manual re-route it to another gw/ domain in the
failure_route block.

E.g. route to domain 0 in route[..], route to domain 1 in failure_route.

> 2.- Now, suppose that "de-1.carrier1" gateway is only full, so i can
> probably have a reply from the gateway (maybe a "480" message"), so the
> carrierroute module now tries with a failover route (defa.carrier1?) or
> tries with any of the other two gateways still not full?

I suppose you mean that 'de-1' is overloaded. No, the next domain is not
automatically entered. This deficiency is known, and will be addressed in the
future. But this code is not ready yet for a release.

You could use the lcr module, there exist a 'next_gw' function, if you don't
want to manually specify the failure_routes.

Cheers,

Henning