[OpenSER-Users] SCTP enabled stack

J Bhanot j.bhanot at tcs.com
Tue Jan 22 13:20:00 CET 2008

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for your help

have built the stack using SCTP i.e.

SCTP=1 make all

and it did wonderfull and also make install didn't throw any error

Now when i want it to listen on SCTP by using following command1

./openser -l sctp:127.0.0.1:5060

It does give verbose output that it is listening on SCTP but in the end it
gives error

Jan 22 17:48:52 [28747] ERROR:core:sctp_server_init: bind(4, 0x818ce74,
16) on 127.0.0.1: Permission denied

have tried it with ./openser -l sctp:127.0.0.1:5068 as well but got the
same error.

Please find the attached verbose log.

Regards,

Jagmohan Bhanot
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: j.bhanot at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing
cc
J Bhanot <j.bhanot at tcs.com>, users at lists.openser.org
Subject
Re: [OpenSER-Users] SCTP enabled stack

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=lksctp&submit=Search+...&system=Fedora&arch=

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> [...]
> RPM packages for SCPT (the ones for your architecture). If not you have
> to install it manually (make, make install) or choose another Linux
> distribution.
>
> As I have absolutely never used Fedora I can't help you more on this.
>
> regards
> klaus
>
> J Bhanot schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apologies for asking such naive questions but which architecture of
>> libsctp-dev
>> should be installed as i see files of many architecture there e.g.
>> alpha, i386 - on what the architecture is dependent..
>>
>> as of now have downloaded i386 but then it has extension of DEB
>>
>> I have no idea - how to extract files from this so as to do make all
>> etc. for this tool (like we untar files from .tar package)
>>
>> is debian some sort of application which should be running on the
machine.

>> Thanks.
>>
>> jb

>> 01/22/2008 02:59 PM

>>               J Bhanot <j.bhanot at tcs.com>
>> cc
>>               users at lists.openser.org
>> Subject
>>               Re: [OpenSER-Users] SCTP enabled stack
>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> Have you installed SCTP development package?
>> e.g. under Debian it is called libsctp-dev
>>
>> regards
>> klaus
>>
>> J Bhanot schrieb:
>>  >
>>  > Hi,
>>  >
>>  > I am trying to build the stack with SCTP enabled...
>>  >
>>  > I am doing following
>>  >
>>  > SCTP=1 make all
>>  >
>>  > but I am getting error -
>>  >
>>  > In file included from forward.h:49,
>>  >                  from action.c:49:
>>  > sctp_server.h:32:26: error: netinet/sctp.h: No such file or
directory
>>  > make: *** [action.o] Error 1
>>  >
>>  > I am using FC8 - have inserted the SCTP module using */sbin/modprobe

>> sctp*
>>  > without any error..
>>  >
>>  > To overcome this error....
>>  >
>>  > I chaged the absolute path of sctp.h in sctp_server.h to
>>  > #include
>>  > "/usr/src/kernels/2.6.23.1-42.fc8-i686/include/net/sctp/sctp.h"*/
>>  > instead of
>>  >
>>  > #include <netinet/sctp.h>
>>  >
>>  > but even then i am getting many erros of redeclration of many
variables
>>  > and files not being found in sctp.h
>>  >
>>  > Kindly suggest what should be done so that server can work with
SCTP.
>>  >
>>  > Thanks,
>>  > jb
>>  > __________________________________________
>>  >
>>  > =====-----=====-----=====
>>  > Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
>>  > message and/or attachments to it may contain
>>  > confidential or privileged information. If you are
>>  > not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>>  > review, distribution, printing or copying of the
>>  > information contained in this e-mail message
>>  > and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>>  > you have received this communication in error,
>>  > please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
>>  > immediately and permanently delete the message
>>  > and any attachments. Thank you
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >
>>  >

>> ForwardSourceID:NT0000DA2E
>>
>> =====-----=====-----=====
>> Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
>> message and/or attachments to it may contain
>> confidential or privileged information. If you are
>> not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use,
>> review, distribution, printing or copying of the
>> information contained in this e-mail message
>> and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
>> you have received this communication in error,
>> please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
>> immediately and permanently delete the message
>> and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT0000DA62
and any attachments. Thank you