[OpenSER-Users] SCTP enabled stack

J Bhanot j.bhanot at tcs.com
Tue Jan 22 10:45:48 CET 2008

Hi,

Apologies for asking such naive questions but which architecture of
libsctp-dev
should be installed as i see files of many architecture there e.g. alpha,
i386 - on what the architecture is dependent..

as of now have downloaded i386 but then it has extension of DEB

I have no idea - how to extract files from this so as to do make all etc.
for this tool (like we untar files from .tar package)

is debian some sort of application which should be running on the machine.

Thanks.

jb

01/22/2008 02:59 PM

J Bhanot <j.bhanot at tcs.com>
cc
users at lists.openser.org
Subject
Re: [OpenSER-Users] SCTP enabled stack

Hi!

Have you installed SCTP development package?
e.g. under Debian it is called libsctp-dev

regards
klaus

J Bhanot schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the stack with SCTP enabled...
>
> I am doing following
>
> SCTP=1 make all
>
> but I am getting error -
>
> In file included from forward.h:49,
>                  from action.c:49:
> sctp_server.h:32:26: error: netinet/sctp.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [action.o] Error 1
>
> I am using FC8 - have inserted the SCTP module using */sbin/modprobe
sctp*
> without any error..
>
> To overcome this error....
>
> I chaged the absolute path of sctp.h in sctp_server.h to
> #include
> "/usr/src/kernels/2.6.23.1-42.fc8-i686/include/net/sctp/sctp.h"*/
> instead of
>
> #include <netinet/sctp.h>
>
> but even then i am getting many erros of redeclration of many variables
> and files not being found in sctp.h
>
> Kindly suggest what should be done so that server can work with SCTP.
>
> Thanks,
> jb

> and any attachments. Thank you

ForwardSourceID:NT0000DA2E