[OpenSER-Users] [OT] Annoying empty lines when using "M4 Macro Processor"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Jan 20 23:18:51 CET 2008

Hi, as suggested here:
  http://www.openser.org/docs/scripting
I'm using M4 to declare "define" in my OpenSer script.

I've an annoying issue since M4 adds some empty lines at the top of the
script. If my script has any error, the logs will show me "ERROR in line 235
in openser.cfg" but that line correspondes to line 187 in my openser.cfg.m4
file, so makes it very difficult to debug.

I've read the entire doc and have no idea of how to fix it. For example,
consider this simple case:

---- local.m4 ----
define(`IP',`127.0.0.1')
define(`PORT' ,`5061')
-----------------------

---- file.txt.m4 ----
My ip is IP and my port is PORT.
--------------------------

~# m4 local.m4 file.txt.m4 > file.txt

---- file.txt ----
  <-- Empty line
  <-- Empty line
  <-- Empty line
  <-- Empty line
My ip is 127.0.0.1 and my port is 5061.

Does someone know how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo