[OpenSER-Users] MySQL Alternative

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Jan 17 10:15:09 CET 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> What other options do I have for generic database connectivity besides
> MySQL/avp_db_query() in OpenSER?
>
> Can I use SQLite? Can I use unixodbc? (and I'm not talking about the
> limited built in usrloc unixodbc stuff)

Hi Douglas,

don't know what you mean with the builtin ODBC stuff in usrloc.. I assume that
you talking about connectivity options for OpenSER.

Available database modules that can be used with most modules:

MySQL
PostgreSQL
UnixODBC (should work with Oracle, MS-SQL, SQLite and other)
dbtext
db_berkeley (Berkeley DB)

Interfaces roughly sorted in terms of maturity, stability.. Most people uses
MySQL, so this is the best tested option.

Cheers,

Henning