[OpenSER-Users] avp_db_query() timeout

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 18:46:22 CET 2008

I haven't had much luck getting replies to my questions lately, hopefully I'll have more luck with this one.

avp_db_query().... does it have a timeout? What is it? Can I set it?

If I use it, and there is a MySQL database problem, I don't want avp_db_query() to wait forever trying to connect to MySQL. If it can't connect after a few seconds, I'd like it to just give up. I have multiple calls to avp_db_query() in a typical call flow. It would be even better if I could set a flag on the first timeout and not try again during that call.

Can that be done?

Doug.