[OpenSER-Users] "always" serial fork with LCR?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Feb 27 08:06:22 CET 2008

Amit Sharma writes:

 >  I have been looking at the LCR module to do serial forking since we want to
 > prioritize contacts based on q values. However, we do not want to fork in
 > parallel to contacts even if they share the same q value. AFAIK,this is
 > currently not possible with the LCR module.

yes, it is not possible.  if q values of contacts are the same, then
they will be contacted parallel.

 >  Would it be a good idea to have a parameter (e.g "append-branches") in the
 > LCR module which can control the forking behavior when q value of contacts
 > is the same?

the whole idea of q value is to control in which order contacts are
contacted.  i don't want to add something else on top of if.  ask your
users to use different q values if they don't want to be contacted
simultaneously.

-- juha