[OpenSER-Users] "always" serial fork with LCR?

Amit Sharma amit398 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:59:46 CET 2008

Hi Bogdan,
   Thanks for the quick reply.

   The behavior rfc3261 mentions for using q values is a common ordering
mechanism (Section 16.6) . I guess variants as such would not be against
rfc3261.

   I was suggesting that we could have additional flexibility added to what
the LCR module is currently doing. Otherwise i would almost rework what is
already there in the LCR module (to get list ordered by qvalues into AVPs)

    A use case for the above request is where contacts for an AOR are
distributed in a system. The UA's come up with qvalue based on there
utilization etc. The idea is to send the call to the contact who has been
least used. I cannot enforce that the qvalues generated by the UA's are
unique unless I use a sequencing mechanism between the UA's.

Thanks,
Amit